Friday 3 July 2015

Starting point

I started blogging a few years back, mainly as a way of recording notes, thoughts about running, ideas about day to day life and so on. It's not really intended for an audience - not a regular one anyway. The search engines may pick up odds and sods which may interest a few people. My main stream of rubbish here contains material about all sorts of subjects: mostly running and prehistory, but also more general exercise stuff, beekeeping, fixed gear cycling, and all sorts of other gubbins. It's all very undisciplined and messy.

My academic background, such as it is, was psychology of language, and I retain an interest and some academic habits. I'm currently in the process of learning to speak French, using methods informed by the focus of my MSc into language acquisition. This blog will contain only things related to language acquisition (whether that's actual language learning skills, or the underlying psychology of how we learn).

I'm not a full time academic, and I don't have time to do formal research. If anyone finds anything in these pages worthy of research please do pick it up and run with it; part of my reason for blogging it is so that things I think may be insightful aren't lost. If you want to give me a credit for spawning an idea I'd be grateful: some posterity is better than none :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment